Blowing the Whistle on Companies that are Breaking the Law
California Whistleblower Attorneys
Whistleblowers provide an invaluable service to all Americans. Corporate wrongdoing damages our economy, costs all Americans money — and costs some their lives.
The Dolan Law Firm helps people who want to report fraudulent billing and other corporate actions that harm the U.S. government, taxpayers and citizens. We also represent people who want to report illegal company behavior that hurts employees, consumers, and the general public. When you contact us, we will:
- Tell you if we think you have a good case;
- Explain the potential rewards and the possible risks if you move forward;
- Work with specialized lawyers and agents at the U.S. Department of Justice to investigate the illegal business practices; and
- Fight to protect you if your employer does try to retaliate against you.
If you are ready to blow the whistle on fraudulent billing and workplace violations, contact The Dolan Law Firm to talk confidentially and at no cost with an attorney.
Fraud Against the Government: “Qui tam” cases are whistleblower cases brought under the federal False Claims Act or California state qui tam law. Examples of qui tam cases include:
- Fraudulent health care billing of Medicare or MediCal
- Military or defense contractor fraud
- Public works and construction contract fraud
- Mortgage / loan fraud against Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac
- Tax fraud
- Unsafe foods or consumer products if those products were sold to schools, the military, or government agencies
- False billing for goods, services, etc., presented to any Local, State or Federal Goverment
Fraud Against the Public: Enron and Bernie Madoff didn’t commit a crime against the government and yet their wrongdoing cost the life-savings of thousands of Americans. People who come forward to expose this kind of wrongdoing are protected under a different set of laws. These cases include:
- False statements made in publicly filed financial documents;
- Insurance fraud and unfair claim denials by insurance companies;
- Financial fraud committed by a company against investors;
- Companies putting unsafe products on the market (tire manufacturers who knew tires were failing, companies selling unsafe toys, utility companies knowingly dumping illegal pollutants); and
- Companies that put employee safety at risk by violating OSHA regulations.
How The Dolan Law Firm Can Help You
How a qui tam case is brought to the government’s attention is extremely important. As a whistleblower, you are only protected if you are the first to bring the information forward (learn more about who can be a whistleblower). If a whistleblower case is handled incorrectly, you do not have the protection of the law and you could face retaliation in the workplace.
At the Dolan Law Firm, we work hard to ensure our clients are protected at every stage of the process. This begins with confidentiality. Everything you say to us is kept in strictest confidence.
You will not be charged a fee to talk with an attorney to learn if you have a case. All whistleblower cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. You pay nothing until the case has been brought to court and you have received an award. Contact our San Francisco law office to learn more about how we can help you expose wrongdoing.