Reporting Health Care Fraud
California Whistleblower Attorneys
Public money is set aside to ensure some of the most vulnerable people in our society — the elderly and the poor — can receive the medical care and medicine that they need. Public dollars are not to be used simply to enrich the rich but that’s what happens with health care fraud.
Health care providers (doctors, chiropractors, acupuncturists, dentists, physical and occupational therapists, psychologists and psychiatrists) as well as hospitals, pharmacies, clinics and nursing homes have ample opportunity to take advantage of government resources like Medicare and Medicaid, as well as private insurers.
Examples of health care fraud include:
- False billing for medical services or drugs not provided;
- Fraudulently billing insurers for appointments that were not made or were cancelled in advance;
- Inflating the charges for services or drugs;
- Charging brand name price for generic drugs and medical products, and
- Diluting drugs so the patient does not receive what was ordered.
Who Typically Reports Health Care Fraud to the Government?
The most common reporters of fraud in a health care setting are people who handle billing and accounting for medical professionals; office managers, bookkeepers, a secretary or receptionist, or staff who process payment and insurance claim forms.
If your case involves government money, you may be covered under the False Claims Act. The attorneys at The Dolan Law Firm can explain the process of bringing your information to the government and will protect you throughout the process.
If you are ready to blow the whistle on health care fraud, contact The Dolan Law Firm to talk confidentially and at no cost with a lawyer.
Reporting Other Illegal Medical Practices
We also help people report consumer fraud, patient mistreatment, and unsafe medical products to the proper authorities. Examples of illegal practices include:
- A pharmaceutical company is selling a drug off-label or encouraging doctors to use a drug, or medical device in a way the FDA has not authorized
- False information is supplied to the FDA for approval of drugs, treatments, or devices
- A medical device is being marketed in a different manner than it’s FDA 501K application clearance for sale
- A medical device that includes a faulty component is not removed from the market and the manufacturer is withholding information from the public about the defect
- A Doctor is doing unnecessary procedures
When the public’s safety is at risk, contact the San Francisco law office of The Dolan Law Firm. All whistleblower cases are handled on a contingency fee basis. You pay no attorney fees until the case has been brought to court and you have received an award.