Labor Code 2802
In California, an employee is entitled to be reimbursed by his or her employer “for all the necessary expenditures or losses incurred by the employee in direct consequence of the discharge of his or her duties…”
When working from home, if not normally part of the job, certain expenditures may be entitled to re-imbursement by the employer. For example, if an employee is required to print and mail letters, the cost of stamps and printer ink may be the responsibility of the employer and an employee may be entitled to reimbursement.
- $61 million Verdict Two Lebanese-American employees subjected to outrageous racial and ethnic discrimination and harassment.
- $20 million Verdict Former timeshare sales representative was wrongfully terminated for reporting time share fraud on the elderly.
- $6.5 million Settlement Lawsuit brought by motorcyclist severely injured in accident caused by dangerous roadway condition.
- $6 million Settlement Wrongful death car accident case filed on behalf of family of woman killed in a head-on collision when defendant's car crossed the center line.
- $4.2 million Settlement Settlement reached with City of San Francisco for teen walking in crosswalk who suffered permanent brain injury after being struck by vehicle. City officials were informed intersection was dangerous and failed to make it safer.