Reports of Workplace Safety- Labor Code 6310
Labor Code 6310 protects employees for making complaints regarding the safety of a workplace. If it would be unsafe for an employee to come to the workplace because of a health condition that may be exacerbated by COVID-19 exposure, it would be important to indicate in writing to the employer that they believe it would be unsafe to enter the workplace currently. Expressing this concern is an protected activity such that retaliation for having raised the safety concern is prohibited by law.
- $61 million Verdict Two Lebanese-American employees subjected to outrageous racial and ethnic discrimination and harassment.
- $20 million Verdict Former timeshare sales representative was wrongfully terminated for reporting time share fraud on the elderly.
- $6.5 million Settlement Lawsuit brought by motorcyclist severely injured in accident caused by dangerous roadway condition.
- $6 million Settlement Wrongful death car accident case filed on behalf of family of woman killed in a head-on collision when defendant's car crossed the center line.
- $4.2 million Settlement Settlement reached with City of San Francisco for teen walking in crosswalk who suffered permanent brain injury after being struck by vehicle. City officials were informed intersection was dangerous and failed to make it safer.