Statewide Worker Supportive Services
Program to help workers in California pay for childcare, housing as well as utility and transportation assistance. There are two tiers of eligibility:
- Individuals receiving at least 50 percent of their previous wages either from their employer directly or Unemployment Insurance (UI) benefit payments may receive supportive services totaling $400.
- Individuals who are not receiving at least 50 percent of their wages from their employer directly or through UI benefit payments may receive supportive services totaling $800.
This program is administered through the local Workforce Development Board. To search for the closest board, search here:
- $61 million Verdict Two Lebanese-American employees subjected to outrageous racial and ethnic discrimination and harassment.
- $20 million Verdict Former timeshare sales representative was wrongfully terminated for reporting time share fraud on the elderly.
- $6.5 million Settlement Lawsuit brought by motorcyclist severely injured in accident caused by dangerous roadway condition.
- $6 million Settlement Wrongful death car accident case filed on behalf of family of woman killed in a head-on collision when defendant's car crossed the center line.
- $4.2 million Settlement Settlement reached with City of San Francisco for teen walking in crosswalk who suffered permanent brain injury after being struck by vehicle. City officials were informed intersection was dangerous and failed to make it safer.