The Managing Attorney of the Torts Practice Group at Dolan Law Firm PC and a Senior Trial Attorney, Aimee Kirby supervises significant and precedent-setting lawsuits for individuals who suffered grave injuries and for families whose loved ones died.
With more than 15 years of experience in the courtroom to draw upon, Aimee is a skilled, compassionate, and accomplished trial lawyer who practices law in courtrooms across California. She is also admitted to practice law in Arizona, Nevada, Georgia, and Texas.
A Relentless, Passionate Advocate for the Injured
Aimee has successfully tried 20 cases and settled hundreds more, helping the clients recover over $50 million in verdicts and settlements. “I love that my job allows me to right wrongs and effectuate justice for those without a voice,” states Aimee. Aimee’s considerable record of trial success includes:
- $11.9 million jury verdict in Choy v. Hatishu for a motorcycle rider who suffered paralysis and required facial reconstruction due to the injuries he suffered in a collision with a negligent truck driver.
- $4.35 million jury verdict in Savage v. State of California for the failure by CalTrans failed to replace a downed safety sign that warned drivers of a curve ahead on a mountain highway, which resulted in the plaintiffs driving off the side of a mountain and suffering catastrophic injuries.
- $4 million jury verdict in Codner v. Wills for a faulty design of the parking control pattern at a fast food restaurant that played a substantial role in causing an accident and significant injuries to the plaintiffs, a father and son on a motorcycle.
A versatile and innovative attorney, Aimee’s track record spans a wide range of injury cases. She has successfully resolved cases involving:
- Bicycle Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Dangerous and Defective Products (Products Liability Law)
- Dog bites and other animal attacks
- Elder Abuse and Nursing Home Neglect
- Injuries to passengers on MUNI, BART, and other public transit
- Motorcycle accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Premises Liability (“Slip and Fall” cases)
- Student Abuse and Neglect
- Wrongful Death
A Leader In The Plaintiffs’ Bar
Committed to preserving access to the courtroom for all, Aimee is an active member of the American Association for Justice, Consumer Attorneys of California (“CAOC“), and the Consumer Attorneys Association of Los Angeles (“CAALA“). Aimee serves on the Board of Governors of the CAOC and CAALA.
In 2015, Aimee led the Los Angeles Trial Lawyers’ Charities (“LATLC“) as its President. The LATLC focuses on issues related to education, children, battered women, persons with disabilities, and homelessness, by providing financial assistance and food donations to needy persons and groups. “Under Aimee Kirby’s presidency,” the LATLC states on its website, “LATLC was able to increase the scope of our organization in all respects. LATLC was proud to give back more than $750,000 to the community through our 40 partner charities.”
Twice Aimee has been nominated as a finalist for CAALA’s Trial Attorney of the Year Award based on her outstanding successes in the Choy and Codner cases summarized above. She has also been nominated twice as the Top California Female Litigator by the Women’s Caucus of the CAOC. Super Lawyers has recognized Aimee as a Rising Star for the past seven years.
Aimee is a mentor to young women and minority lawyers, assisting their advancement in the legal profession. She writes and speaks frequently at conferences educating lawyers on best practices in the courtroom and key issues in personal injury law including the use of forensic evidence and proving damages. In her spare time, Aimee volunteers in the Los Angeles Superior Court system, running half and full marathons, and raising her two beautiful children.