Every year thousands of people are killed, injured or disfigured by medical malpractice. Likewise, unfortunately, therapists sometimes abuse the trust bestowed upon them and have inappropriate contact with their clients. The San Francisco medical malpractice lawyers at the Dolan Law Firm have handled hundreds of cases involving medical negligence and have experience with nursing home abuse and therapist abuse cases.
Have You Been Injured Due to the Negligence of Medical Professional?
While medicine is not an exact science, a patient expects that he or she will be treated with a high degree of skill and care by physicians, therapists and nurses. Any medical professional must operate within recognized standards of practice or be subject to a lawsuit. At the Dolan Law Firm, our San Francisco medical malpractice attorneys can help you with:
- The wrongful death of a loved one
- Improper administration of the wrong drugs
- Prescription of drugs to which a patient is allergic
- Operating on the wrong body part
- Performing a procedure one is not licensed to perform
- Failure to diagnose a condition, injury, cancer, tumor
- Leaving a foreign body in the patient
- Excessive radiation exposure during X-ray
- Burns during surgery
- Dropping a patient during surgery or transportation
- Paralysis during surgery because of a severed nerve
- Improper delivery during childbirth
The Dolan Law Firm also represents clients who need to bring the following types of claims:
- Misrepresenting credentials
- Inappropriate sexual contact with a patient
- Refusing to provide treatment because of no insurance
- Failure to fully inform a patient of risks of a procedure before surgery
- Failure to monitor a condition
- Failure to order tests that would have diagnosed a condition
- Failure to hospitalize a suicidal patient
- Failure to take away a driver’s license from someone whose illness makes them a danger to themselves or others
Proven Results in Medical Malpractice Lawsuits
The Dolan Law Firm is well-known for great successes in medical malpractice lawsuits. Cases handled by our medical malpractice lawyers have received national attention in articles published in the Washington Times, San Francisco Chronicle, Marin Independent Journal, The Independent, etc. Our main trial lawyer, Christopher Dolan, has been a guest on “The O’Reilly Factor” to discuss medical negligence cases.
In one case, Chris Dolan won a $686,000 jury verdict for a client whose abortion was botched by Planned Parenthood. In another case, a woman died because of a misdiagnosis and administration of the wrong therapy. Through Chris Dolan’s efforts, her family was awarded $586,500 in arbitration. Visit our verdicts and settlements page to read about other cases handled by Chris Dolan and his team of lawyers.
Medical Malpractice Law
To establish liability and recover damages in a medical negligence case, you must prove that the medical professional breached the standard of care that others in the profession would employ in the same or similar circumstances. This often requires the use of an expert to testify about the appropriate standard and how the doctor, therapist, nurse and others failed to meet that standard.
If your lawyer proves liability, you are entitled to damages. Your damages for pain and suffering have been capped at $250,000 by a law passed in 1976.
In Therapist Abuse Cases, the Law Is Clear
Therapists may not have sexual contact with their patients. It is a violation of the bond of trust that must be maintained between a therapist and his or her patients. It is also referred to as an abuse of transference. This clear prohibition is established by the ethical guidelines of the American Psychiatric Association. Our articles page contains news articles on therapist abuse cases handled by our San Francisco medical malpractice attorneys.
Contact Our Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today
The Dolan Law Firm works on a contingency fee basis and takes a portion of the damages it recovers on behalf of a plaintiff. If you have no recovery, we receive no fee. Our San Francisco medical malpractice attorneys have handled hundreds of professional negligence cases for satisfied clients. If you believe that you or someone you love has suffered because of the negligence of a health care provider, call 415-636-8160 for a review of your legal matter.
YOU HAVE ONLY A LIMITED TIME TO ACT TO PROTECT YOUR RIGHTS. REVIEW INFORMATION ON STATUTES OF LIMITATIONS.