Dolan Law Firm Justice Empowerment Scholarship
Achieving justice and holding wrongdoers accountable are what motivates the attorneys at the Dolan Law Firm, one of the leading plaintiffs’ law firms in California. We wish to identify and honor the next generation of crusaders for justice. The purpose of the Justice Empowerment Scholarship is to encourage students to advance the cause of social justice.
Award: One $2,500 scholarship paid to the winning student.
Award Criteria: Submissions will be evaluated primarily on the persuasiveness of arguments contained in the video. However, creativity, images, and innovation incorporated into the video are all positives. The scholarship winner will be determined solely by the Dolan Law Firm. The decision will be final.
Eligibility: Students attending an accredited U.S. college (including community college) or university are eligible for the scholarship. No employees of the Dolan Law Firm, or their spouses and family members, nor any employees, spouses and family members of any vendors of the Dolan Law Firm, are eligible. High school seniors are not eligible.
- Applicants must create a 4 to 6 minute video on the topic of justice.
- In the video, introduce yourself and address the following questions:
What does justice mean to you?
What you think needs to be changed in our society to make it more just?
How you can help bring about this change?
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube with the title: “2017 Justice Empowerment Scholarship Submission By _______” Insert your name in the blank space.
- In the description of the video on YouTube, briefly summarize your video and include in the description the following statement: The Justice Empowerment Scholarship is provided by the Dolan Law Firm which can be found online at https://dolanlawfirm.com
- Once you have uploaded the video, email the active YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org and include in your message the following information:
Your full name, mailing address, and phone number
Attach as evidence that you are attending an accredited U.S. college or university (such as a photo or scanned copy of a current student identification card).
If applicable, identify whom assisted you assisted in the production of the video.
- Any videos filmed, edited or produced by a professional video photographer or video production company are prohibited. You may have the assistance of family and friends as long as they are not professional video photographers, editors or producers.
- Videos that do not follow the submission requirements will not be considered for the award.
Publication of the Award: The award winner agrees that the Dolan Law Firm may use their name, city, and state, and post his/her photo with a link to the video on YouTube, the Dolan Law Firm website, Dolan Law Firm social media pages (e.g. our Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and LinkedIn pages), and for other public relations and marketing purposes as determined by the Dolan Law Firm.
Deadline: January 20, 2017. The winner will be announced by February 28, 2017.
Privacy Statement: No applicant email addresses or phone numbers will be sold or released to any third parties.
Non-Discrimination Statement: The Dolan Law Firm is committed to diversity, inclusion, and equal opportunity. All award submissions will be evaluated on the content of the videos and without regard to the applicant’s race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, nation of origin, or any other criteria in violation of the law.