Bicycle Accident Lawsuit Verdicts & Settlements
- $2.2 million SETTLEMENT. A combination of faulty roadwork and improper labeling of hazardous road conditions resulted in a cyclist losing control and crashing at 15 mph. The cyclist suffered multiple broken bones and a severe head injury requiring multiple extensive, invasive surgeries. The cyclist was in a coma for several days and had to undergo months of painful physical and mental therapy. Names confidential as condition of settlement.
- $1.24 million SETTLEMENT. Plaintiff was riding her bicycle through a major San Francisco intersection and following all relevant traffic laws when she was struck and run over by a truck making an illegal turn from behind her. Police report incorrectly identified plaintiff as making an illegal turn coming from the opposite direction. Names confidential as condition of settlement.
- $365,000 VERDICT. Judge trial Baecht v. Elwir, San Francisco Superior Court. A bicyclist was injured when a passenger opened a car door directly into his path, causing spleen removal.
- $293,275 SETTLEMENT. Plaintiff was riding her bike home from a dance when she was struck by a motorcyclist fleeing police pursuit. Plaintiff suffered extreme injuries, including the severing of her leg. Plaintiff alleged that CHP had not followed their own rules regarding chases and had created a dangerous set of conditions by pursuing a non-violent criminal through city streets at high speeds.
- $238,000 VERDICT. Jury trial, bike accident case, Chambers v. Gorden, San Francisco Superior Court. A bicyclist was traveling on Lincoln Blvd. in the Presidio when a pedestrian stepped out in front of a parked car, causing a fractured jaw and cheek for the bicyclist and fractured cheek of the pedestrian.
- $103,900 VERDICT, jury trial, Cho v. University of California, Berkley, Alameda County Superior Court. bicycle rider was hit on the UC Berkeley Campus by an electric maintenance cart, causing laceration to the lower leg, scarring, and loss of sensation to the small toe. Offer: $10,000. Amount reduced by 8 percent for comparative fault.
Contact the Dolan Law Firm
If you have been injured in a bicycle accident and you need an energetic lawyer who cares about you as a person and is dedicated to getting you the best result, contact the attorneys of the Dolan Law Firm. Contact The Dolan Law Firm for a free case evaluation by calling 888-452-4752 or emailing us.
Our services are available in Spanish, and evening and weekend appointments are available. We will even come to you in your home or the hospital if you are unable to come to us. Our injury lawyers work on a contingent fee.