San Francisco Motorcycle Accident Lawsuit Verdicts & Settlements
Award-winning attorney Chris Dolan and the attorneys at his law firm possess the knowledge and experience to thoroughly investigate motorcycle accidents and ensure injured motorcyclists receive the maximum recovery the law allows. Their outstanding track record of success in prosecuting motorcycle crash cases includes:
- $6.5 million SETTLEMENT. A motorcycle rider was injured when Chianti Road in Yountville came to an abrupt end around a corner without any warning. As a result of this dangerous roadway condition, the motorcyclist broke his collar bone when his VFR 750 could not stop on gravel and he low-sided under a guardrail.
- $5 million SETTLEMENT, The Dolan Law Firm and Emison, Hullverson & Mitchell achieved a $5,000,000 settlement on behalf of a young woman who was disabled by reflex sympathetic dystrophy that she developed after her Vespa scooter crashed on dangerous railroad tracks that had been left in a street in the City of Alameda. Trial Lawyers: Christopher B. Dolan and Quinton B. Cutlip.
- $3.2 million settlement. A father and motorcyclist was fatally injured when struck by truck on Interstate 405 highway in Southern California 2014. We represented the motorcyclist’s parents and children. The complaint asserted claims for wrongful death and negligence based on contention that driver violated California Vehicle Code sections setting forth rules on safe lane changes. Driver’s employer was charged as a defendant under doctrine of respondeat superior.
- $2,494,000 VERDICT, jury trial, $100,000 SETTLEMENT, Martin V. Cal-Trans, Marin County Superior Court. Defendant: State of California, Department of Transportation. Plaintiff Martin, a 26-year-old motorcyclist on a GSXR 750 motorcycle, suffered paralysis of right arm and facial injuries following auto vs. motorcycle collision in Marin County, near the town of Bolinas. The accident was due to dangerous condition of public property, namely vegetation that had grown so as to block view of the cross traffic. The pre-trial offer of $30,000 was rejected. The police report attributed 100% of fault to motorcyclist, but the jury found that motorcyclist was not liable for his injuries. Trial Lawyer: Christopher B. Dolan
- $2 million SETTLEMENT, motorcycle rollover. Inadequate signage at a highway construction site caused a driver to cross onto the wrong side of the road and into oncoming traffic. Plaintiff was traveling at speed and came around a corner to see the car parked in his lane. He managed to avoid the vehicle but in doing so was unable to keep his motorcycle upright and it slid out from underneath him, resulting in severe head trauma and death.
- $1.75 million SETTLEMENT. Motorcycle accident at 25th and Church when a San Francisco motorcyclist drove through stop sign that driver could not see because of overgrown vegetation. The motorist had his leg amputated below the knee. The negligent motorist paid $1,250,000 and the building owner paid $500,000.00 for failing to maintain his tree. The city put up new stop signs as a result of the accident. Trial Lawyer: Christopher B. Dolan
- $1.65 million SETTLEMENT, Goldthwaite v. County of Lake. A 54-year-old motorcyclist was injured in single motor vehicle accident in Lake County when his Ducati 998 lost traction because of a dangerous condition of public property, a roadway defect of loose gravel. The motorcyclist hit a guardrail, causing crush fracture of the 11th thoracic vertebrae and nerve damage. The police report attributed 100% of the fault to the motorcyclist. The Dolan Law Firm, using expert accident reconstructionists, demonstrated that the motorcyclist was not at fault. Names confidential as condition of settlement. Trial Lawyer: Christopher B. Dolan
- $976,141 VERDICT, jury trial. The case involved a collision between an eighteen-wheel tractor trailer and a motorcycle operated by Plaintiff. The operator of the trailer, backed into Plaintiff who, intending to turn right on Jack London Street, had approached from behind on his motorcycle. Plaintiff suffered a fractured tibia that required several operations. The driver of the trailer and the company that employed him denied that the collision caused all of the injuries that are claimed by the husband as well as the nature and extent of the injuries that he suffered in the collision. The marital relationship suffered as a result of the incident and the wife sued for loss of consortium. Her damages were disputed by the Defendants as well. Trial Lawyers: Christopher B. Dolan
- $900,000 SETTLEMENT, A 67-year-old Plaintiff riding his motorcycle was struck by a vehicle who made an illegal left hand turn from a middle lane in the intersection of Larkin and Eddy Street in San Francisco. Plaintiff suffered from a right femur fracture and required total hip replacement and fixation. Plaintiff had already undergone a right total hip replacement just two years before this incident. As a result, Plaintiff had to spend three months at a rehabilitation center. Trial Lawyer:Aimee Kirby
- $900,000 SETTLEMENT in wrongful death of a 28-year-old, a close friend of Christopher Dolan, when he was killed in a vehicle crossover collision in Arizona. Trial Lawyer: Christopher B. Dolan. Names confidential as condition of settlement. Trial Lawyer: Christopher B. Dolan
- $500,000 SETTLEMENT, wrongful death of motorcyclist in Napa County as a result of a car pulling back onto roadway from the shoulder, causing another car to cross the center-line into the motorcyclist. Maximum available insurance recovered. Names confidential as condition of settlement. Trial Lawyer: Christopher B. Dolan
- $320,000 SETTLEMENT, medical negligence. There was a failure to diagnose a hip fracture following a motorcycle accident, leading to a hip replacement in a 32-year-old man. Medical malpractice damages are capped in California. Names confidential as condition of settlement. Trial Lawyers: Christopher B. Dolan
- $295,000 SETTLEMENT.
A car struck the front right side of a motorcycle, throwing the motorcyclist into the air and propelling him onto the pavement, causing a fractured clavicle, among other injuries. Click here for more information.
- $160,000 SETTLEMENT, Stratton v. Buresh. Client was a motorcyclist who was involved in an automobile accident in Berkeley, CA. Client collided with automobile in intersection. Client suffered a fractured and dislocated elbow among other injuries in accident.
- $55,000 VERDICT, jury trial, Kavanagh v. Chan, San Francisco Superior Court. In a low-speed, rear-end car v. motorcycle case, the plaintiff stayed on the bike. The plaintiff had seven acupuncture visits and chronic pain. Offer before trial: $5,000. Trial Lawyer: Christopher B. Dolan
Why Should I Retain The Dolan Law Firm As My Motorcycle Accident Attorney?
We are known for taking challenging and complicated cases to trial and prevailing. As a result, we often obtain recoveries far above industry averages, including some of the largest verdicts and settlements ever in individual injury lawsuits in California.
We specifically provide our clients:
- Individual, attentive legal representation by highly motorcycle attorneys with an outstanding record of success,
- Substantial financial and technological resources that no individual attorney or small law firm can provide, and
- Access to the leading accident reconstruction and biomechanics experts for cases involving brain, spine, neck and back injuries.
Contact the Dolan Law Firm
If you have been injured in a Bay Area motorcycle accident and you need an energetic lawyer who cares about you as a person and is dedicated to getting you the best result, contact the attorneys of the Dolan Law Firm. Contact The Dolan Law Firm for a free case evaluation by calling 888-452-4752 or emailing us.
Our services are available in Spanish, and evening and weekend appointments are available. We will even come to you in your home or the hospital if you are unable to come to us. Our injury lawyers work on a contingent fee.