San Francisco Muni Accident Lawsuit Verdicts & Settlements
The Dolan Law Firm has obtained record verdicts and settlements for its clients seriously injured in accidents caused by the negligence of San Francisco Municipal Transportation Agency (MUNI) operators, including
4 of the 10 largest payouts in MUNI history. If you have been injured by a Muni bus or while riding a Muni bus, please contact our San Francisco Muni Accident Attorneys today.
- $1.25 million SETTLEMENT. Plaintiff was a pedestrian who was struck and killed by a Muni bus at an intersection. The police report reflected a witness statement that the pedestrian was crossing against a red light. The Dolan Law Firm demonstrated that the light the witness had seen, which he claimed to be red, was a light that only faced the bus driver, and, therefore, proved the bus was running a red light. Extensive testimony was also obtained from other independent witnesses that showed that the bus was moving rapidly and the bus driver was looking over his left shoulder as he merged into traffic and drove into the pedestrian. The lawsuit was brought on behalf of the children and husband of the deceased.
- $984,000 SETTLEMENT. Decedent was a 15-year-old female who was crossing the street in a crosswalk with a green light when a Muni bus sped through the crosswalk seeking to make a right-on-red turn. The bus struck decedent, throwing her to the ground, and then proceeded to run her over. The lawsuit was brought on behalf of the parents of the deceased and on behalf of her 12 year-old niece who watched the entire incident unfold.
- $750,000 SETTLEMENT. An elderly man was killed after being struck by a San Francisco Muni bus. The plaintiff was crossing in a clearly marked crosswalk on Haight Street, when a MUNI bus, coming from behind him on Cole Street, turned right, struck him, and threw him to the ground, resulting in multiple blunt force trauma and severe cerebral damage. The City contested fault claiming the pedestrian “darted out” in front of the bus, thereby claiming the pedestrian was 100% at fault. The Dolan Law Firm, on behalf of the plaintiff’s children, sued the City and the driver of the bus for negligence. After two years of litigation, The City agreed to pay $750,000.
- $500,000 ARBITRATION AWARD, slip-and-fall, Martin v. BART, Contra Costa County. Plaintiff slipped and fell on a slippery, water covered tile floor at the Pittsburgh Bay Point BART station. Unbeknownst to the Plaintiff, but well known to BART, the tile surface presented a veritable ice rink wherein, over the years, numerous BART patrons had been injured. As a result of the incident, Plaintiff suffered a severe fracture of her right ankle, requiring three surgeries. Trial Lawyer: Christopher B. Dolan
- $113,000 VERDICT, jury trial, Wanvig v. CCSF Muni, San Francisco Superior Court. Muni bus passenger injured falling on plastic bag on steps of bus that had not been cleaned. Zero offer from defendants. Trial Lawyer: Christopher B. Dolan
- $100,000 SETTLEMENT, personal injury. An elderly woman was injured while riding a San Francisco Muni bus. To avoid a collision with a Honda making a right turn as the bus was leaving a scheduled stop, the bus driver slammed on his brakes suddenly. This caused the plaintiff to be thrown off her seat, hitting the seat in front of her and landing on the floor. The plaintiff was taken to the hospital by emergency personnel. As a result of this accident, the plaintiff, once a fairly healthy 70-year-old woman, developed knee, shoulder and back problems and headaches. According to investigation, the bus driver acted in a careless manner for a public transportation driver who is responsible for the safety of passengers. The Honda driver did not expect the bus driver to move forward, blocking his turn, because the bus was stopped at a bus stop. Case was settled for $100,000in favor of plaintiff, including attorneys’ fees.
Contact the Dolan Law Firm
If you have been injured in a MUNI accident and you need an energetic lawyer who cares about you as a person and is dedicated to getting you the best result, contact the attorneys of the Dolan Law Firm. Contact The Dolan Law Firm for a free case evaluation by calling 888-452-4752 or emailing us.
Our services are available in Spanish, and evening and weekend appointments are available. We will even come to you in your home or the hospital if you are unable to come to us. Our injury lawyers work on a contingent fee.