Richmond Car Accident Attorneys You Can Trust
Even when you exercise the highest degree of caution while driving, you can still be involved in a car accident due to the negligence or recklessness of other motorists sharing California’s busy roadways. If you are injured as a result of a crash, your life may be turned upside down. You could incur hefty medical bills for treatment and may be out of work for some time, losing income during your recovery. On top of potential financial difficulties, the pain and suffering may be unbearable. If you are not familiar with your rights under California law, you may feel powerless to do anything about your situation.
Our skilled car accident attorneys at the Dolan Law Firm know the struggles you face, which is why we are dedicated to assisting victims of car accidents in Richmond, San Francisco, Marin County, CA and throughout the Bay Area. We will aggressively fight for your rights to compensation, whether at the negotiations table with the responsible driver’s insurance company or in a courtroom. Our lawyers have extensive knowledge and decades of combined legal experience, so you can feel confident you are entrusting your claim with a law firm that puts your needs first.
Reliable Representation for California Car Accident Victims
Most auto collisions occur due to the careless actions of another driver on the road, which requires you to establish the essential elements of a case based upon negligence. Therefore:
- You must prove that the driver had a legal obligation to operate the vehicle safely, a duty that applies to all motorists in California roads;
- You need to show that the responsible driver breached the duty by driving in a way that deviates from the standard of care;
- You must demonstrate that the breach of duty was a direct cause of the accident in which you were injured; and,
- It is necessary to establish that you suffered losses due to the accident, for which you are entitled to compensation in the form of damages.
These elements seem relatively straightforward, but proving each of them by a preponderance of the evidence can be difficult. This legal standard requires you to show that your own evidence is more credible and convincing than the information presented by the other party. Our auto collision lawyers at the Dolan Law Firm gather physical evidence necessary to establish each element, but we also have access to experts and other resources to bolster these efforts. We use:
- Private investigators;
- Accident reconstruction specialists;
- 3D accident reconstruction solutions;
- Experts in motor vehicle technology;
- Medical professionals, as consultants in preparation for trial and as witnesses who testify in court under California Evidence Code rules;
- Financial specialists and actuaries, who assess how your injuries impact your future income potential and medical costs; and,
- Many other support resources and experts.
Examples of Negligence in an Auto Crash
A responsible motorist may assert that road conditions or weather are responsible for a crash, but the majority of car accidents are preventable. They only occur because of a driver’s failure to adhere to the standard of reasonable care. Some of the more common causes of auto collisions are violations of California’s Rules of the Road, including:
- Speeding over the posted limit;
- Driving at a speed that is not safe for conditions, regardless of the posted limit;
- Failure to yield or stop at a traffic signal;
- Erratic or illegal lane changes;
- Unlawful turns or U-turns;
- Failure to use the vehicle’s turn signals;
- Distracted driving, including texting, grooming, and operating the radio or a GPS device;
- Driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol; and,
- Many more.
Recover the Compensation You Deserve After a Traffic Collision
Our car accident team at the Dolan Law Firm team is committed to helping you recover the highest compensation available under California law. Even if you are generally aware that you are entitled to recover for your losses, you may not realize how extensive they are. Current damages are straightforward, but the implications of your auto accident may affect your future. Our attorneys will not settle a case with an insurance company unless it is sufficient to compensate you for all of your losses. Therefore, we will seek:
- Medical costs for treating your injuries, covering emergency care, rehabilitation, physical therapy, surgical procedures, and specialized treatment;
- Your present and future loss of income, including missed business opportunities and earning capacity;
- Property damage to your vehicle;
- Losses you suffer due to how your injuries impact personal relationships with your spouse, children, and loved ones;
- Many other types of losses, depending on the details of your case.
Your claim for compensation may be limited by California law on car accident cases. The state’s statute of limitations bars you from suing the responsible driver if you do not file a lawsuit within two years after the incident. In some instances, such as where a public entity is at fault, the statute of limitations may be shorter. There are few, very limited exceptions to this rule. If you have been injured by the fault of another, don’t delay. Please be advised that your potential case is governed by a statute of limitations (a limited time period in which you must begin a lawsuit). Statutes of limitations differ depending on the type of case involved. Some of these time periods may be as short as six months, while others can be as long as two years. We do not have enough information to identify which statute of limitations applies in your case. You should consult with a lawyer, the California Code of Civil Procedure, internet resources, and/or visit your law library to identify the applicable statute of limitations for your matter. Contact Dolan Law Firm for a free case consultation.
In addition, California adheres to the comparative negligence theory in personal injury matters. If your own conduct is a factor in the car accident, your compensation is decreased by the amount of negligence linked to your actions. For instance, you may not recover full compensation if you were speeding, even if the responsible driver ran a red light. Our car accident practice group at the Dolan Law Firm will contest any allegation that you were negligent and put the blame on the driver responsible for the accident.
Consult with an Experienced Richmond Car Accident Lawyer Right Away
Please contact the Dolan Law Firm if you were injured in a traffic-related crash that was not your fault. You put your right to compensation at risk when you try to file a claim with the responsible driver’s insurer, since these companies are businesses first and do not have your interests in mind. Our attorneys work on contingency, so you only pay our fees if you win your case. You can reach us toll free at 1-888-452-4752 or check us out online to schedule a free, no-obligations consultation regarding your Richmond car accident case.