This week’s question comes from Susan in Bernal Heights. She asks, “Chris, I heard recently that thousands of young kids are poisoned each year from eating laundry pods they think is candy. Why isn’t anything being done to protect our children?”
Susan, thank you for raising this issue. As a parent myself, I find it deeply troubling that some of the nation’s largest corporations are selling an extremely toxic household product and have failed to take all reasonable measures to safeguard our children from accidental exposure to the product.
Editor’s Note: If your child suffered a grave injury after accidentally ingesting detergent in a laundry pod, please click here to contact. We will review your claim for free and with no obligation on your part.