The Dolan Law Firm is one of California’s premier plaintiffs’ law firms, we represent clients throughout the San Francisco Bay Area and across California from our offices in San Francisco, Oakland and Los Angeles.
The Dolan Law Firm is seeking a paralegal to join our Los Angeles office. Candidate will be responsible for end-to-end litigation support, including routine administrative functions such as handling telephone calls, calendaring, preparing and organizing documents, as well as managing discovery and assisting with trial preparation. This candidate will work closely with three attorneys as well as the legal staff.
Our ideal candidate will have some litigation experience, paralegal certificate and/or BA degree. You must be familiar with California state practice, as well as know how to find answers regarding court rules and civil procedure. Candidate should be proficient in WordPerfect and MS Office Suite. Knowledge of CASEpeer, Legal Solutions, bilingual (English/Spanish) and Westlaw a Plus.
Depending on the candidate and qualifications this job may be done remotely.
About The Team:
The Dolan Law Firm is a group of committed Trial Lawyers with offices in San Francisco, Oakland and Los Angeles. We have been leaders in the Plaintiffs’ bar for over 27 years. We want to hire talented and disciplined professionals to join in fighting for the rights of ordinary people in the areas of torts, catastrophic personal injury, police misconduct, product liability, dangerous conditions of public and private property, common carrier law, civil rights and other just and righteous causes. Over 27 years the Dolan Law Firm has handled some of the most groundbreaking civil rights work and handled some of the largest catastrophic cases in California. We are committed to advancing and nurturing a diverse, equal and inclusive workplace that reflects the communities we serve. We value our very diverse, collegial, hardworking, committed team of lawyers, paralegals, legal assistants and staff that work together in an encouraging environment.
*Given what we have learned from COVID, we anticipate working from home part of the time. Our staff is currently working 3 days in the office and 2 days at home. Unless you require an accommodation, our Firm’s COVID policy requires vaccines and boosters*
Job Qualifications and Primary Responsibilities:
- Exceptional organizational and writing skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a cooperative and flexible attitude
- Must be proficient in MS Office; word and excel
- Meet with new clients
- Meet with clients to go over discovery
- Draft discovery responses, verifications and draft propounding discovery
- Schedule and set up depositions
- Coordinate with clients and witnesses to set up depositions
- Request medical and billing records
- Correspond with lien providers and funding companies for clients
- Correspond with insurance companies providing them with documents
- Provide updates on client cases to clients and medical and medical providers
- Draft complaints, letters to clients and demand letters
- Work closely with attorneys to discuss their cases
- Draft various filings and motions
- Go to site inspections, set up phone conference and meetings
- Competitive medical, vision and dental benefits
- Paid time off (PTO)
- 10 national holidays off
- Opportunity to work closely with experienced attorneys at a premier law office
- Monday-Friday 8:30:00AM-5:30PM
- This is a full-time position with potential overtime